Friday, April 5, 2013

12 Months of Noah

Happy Friday, friends!

In lieu of a Flashback Friday picture and story, I've decided to share a scrapbook layout I created in March.

In Noah's first year of life, I snapped a photograph of him each month, wearing a white onesie and a month sticker (purchased on Etsy).  

After I took Noah's 12-month photo in January, I searched online for a digital template I could use to display all twelve photos.  But I didn't find one I liked that had room for exactly 12 photographs as well as some journaling. 

So, I decided to create a 12x12 page using one of Ali Edwards' layouts from her Yesterday & Today class.  I used the left side of this 2-page spread.   

Here's a look at the finished page.



I actually created two nearly identical pages: one for Brian, Noah and me, and one for Noah's birth mother.


The journaling reads: Gazing at these 12 photographs of you, I have the biggest grin on my face.  I'm feeling lots of emotions: Happiness.  Gratitude.  Excitement.  Joy.  Awe.  And a tinge of sadness at how quickly you are growing up.  You're not a tiny infant anymore.  You're a toddler now, crawling and cruising all over the house.  Here's a sampling of what you've accomplished in your first year of life.  At 1 month, you smiled for the first time.  At 2 months, you laughed.  At 4 months, you found your feet.  At 5 months, you rolled over and started eating solid foods.  At 6 months, you sat up by yourself.  At 7 months, you said goodbye to your pacifier.  At 8 months, you got your first tooth.  At 10 months, you crawled with your belly off the floor and waved bye-bye.  Daddy and I can't wait to see how much you change and grow and learn in your second year of life.  And of course, we'll be cheering for you every step of the way!  

Today, Noah is officially 15 months old.  And while I no longer take monthly shots, on the fifth of every month, I say a "thank you" prayer to God for blessing us with Noah.    



1 comment:

Colleen said...

Jennifer Harless (I know, your maiden name), is that you? So awesome that Ali Edwards posted your page on her Pinterest board! It looks like you're doing well - I'm so glad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...