Thursday, September 19, 2013

Week in the Life 2013 | Sunday

On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, we camped at Bodega Dunes.  It was our first time camping as a family near the Pacific Ocean, so naturally I took a ton of photos, both with my iPhone and DSLR. 

What follows is a look at Sunday's words + photos.  (I'm also planning to write a blog post about our adventures on Monday, but that probably won't happen until next week.)  


Sleeping in the truck on the way to Bodega Bay.  It took us almost four hours to get to the campground because of traffic from a car accident, a detour around a burning van, and a gas stop.  Noah didn't fall asleep until 4:15 pm, which was 3 hours and 45 minutes into our trip.  While Noah didn't sleep much in the truck, he did sleep pretty well that night, which was a huge blessing.  

 
Playing with cars in the trailer.


Watching daddy cook hamburgers.  (Brian did an awesome job planning and cooking nearly all of the meals!)   


 Exploring the sand dunes.


Walking.  RunningSmiling.  (I don't know why, but in this particular photo, Noah looks so tall, so big, so toddler boyish.)

 
Saying "hi" to daddy in the campsite.




















Taking a night ride in the truck.   



















Getting ready for bed.  "Nigh-nigh" as Noah says.

A big thanks to all of you who have come along with me on this Week in the Life documentary project.

Last week, I saw this sign (pictured below) in a local shop and immediately thought, That's what Week in the Life is to me



















It's about slowing down a little.  It's about looking around at the people and activities and things surrounding me, and making a conscious choice to document them through photography and words.  It's about carving out time to think about what I'm happy with in my life.  It's about having the courage to consider what I'm not so happy with.  It's about being grateful for it all. 

I can't wait to participate again next year!



     

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...