Sunday, August 3, 2014

Celebrating 40 Years of Marriage



Today, my parents celebrate forty years of marriage.

That's 14,600 days together as a married couple!

My mom and dad met in high school and began dating during the football season of 1971. (My dad was captain of the varsity football team. I know what your next question is going to be, so I'll just answer it: No, my mom was not a cheerleader.)

They married three years later on August 3, 1974. (They were twenty at the time, so in addition to celebrating forty years of marriage this year, they are also turning 60!)

Congratulations, Mom and Dad, on this HUGE accomplishment!

All of us--your three daughters, two son-in-laws, and three grandchildren--wish you many more happy years together.

We love you.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...