Sunday, May 10, 2015

Motherly Love



I've been looking through old photos lately as I attempt (yet again) to better organize the images on my computer.

I stumbled across this precious photo of my grandmother, my mother, and me. Taken in 1978, my mom had given birth to me just 10 days earlier. It's interesting to think about the fact that my mom was my grandmother's first child, and that I was my mom's first child and also my grandmother's first grandchild.


Notice the sleeper that 10-day-old Noah has on in the photo above?  It's the same one I was wearing in the first photo. I love that my mom saved it, so my son could wear it. 

And one last photo.  This one was taken about three months after the second image, in April of 2012. It's a four-generation photo, which makes it extra special.

Through these images and thousands of others I have in print, in albums, and in my mind, I celebrate motherhood.

I celebrate all women who have carried babies (including Noah's birth mother) and raised babies. 

I celebrate the motherly love, the joy, the sacrifice, the strength, the hugs, the confidence, the kindness, the lessons taught and the lessons learned.

I celebrate all the little things moms do, oftentimes behind-the-scenes, which go unnoticed and unappreciated.

Happy Mother's Day to my mother, grandmother, and mother-in-law.  And if you're a mom, happy day to you, too.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...